Fear not, intrepid explorers! Your trusty map feature is back where you want it!
That’s right, back by popular demand, our map view of deals is now ready and available on the app, front and center on the queue screen… okay, it’s in the top right corner… but you get the gist.
Go ‘head: get the latest app update and get back to mappin’ your Scoutmob conquests!
MEET OUR WINTER INTERNS!
It may have taken an extra minute to get their faces up on this blog… mostly because commissioning such a complicated portrait* of these mobsters can take a little bit longer than the average iPhone photo.
Not to mention, they’re a busy bunch… so they rarely sit still long enough for the artist to really get it down.
In all seriousness, this group has so far proven to be one hard-working, fun-loving, awesome group. We’re lucky to have them their varied talents (and the baked goods they keep showing up with) here on Intern Island.
From left to right:
Jared Kelley, Ruby Tang, Lexi Burdette, Kai Chan, Spencer Applegate, Stephanie Wu, Christine Christy, Emily Jackson, Lindsay Isaf
*Not an actual painting
**Photoshop magic courtesy of Jared Kelley, designer intern extraordinaire
Meanwhile at Scoutmob HQ… welcome to Meeting Monday.
Two game-changing features arrived in an update for the Scoutmob iPhone app today. Update your app to take advantage of this shiny new newness.
Use FILTER to narrow down the deal list by:
- Favorites - Use this filter to display only the deals you have awarded the red star of approval.
- Neighborhood - Select the part of the city where you are now and/or where you’re planning to be later.
- Type of business - Mexican? Sushi? Underwear Emporium? Select specific deal types and your cravings will be handsomely rewarded.
- Available Today - Limit the results to deals that can be used today, ensuring you aren’t tempted by a Pop-up deal if it is not available right now.
Or all of the above. The filters can be applied together to deliver exactly what you’re looking for. The results will display in both list form and on your city map, until you click the x in the search bar to forget these filters.
With COMPASS, we show you local deals we think you’ll like best - based on our scout’s recommendations, popularity and your location. The list is refreshed regularly, so use and favorite deals to help their popularity score.
It’s all in the name of helping you discover the very best of Scoutmob… and your city.
We launched Hand-Picked in Atlanta last October, and earlier this month we took that Hand-Picked sweetness to New York. We’re pleased as punch to now offer Hand-Picked to our neighbors and friends in Washington, DC.
When we launched Scoutmob two years ago, we focused on local discovery and impulsive daily purchases. Since then, we’ve expanded this experience across the country and are now closing in on a million (!!) Scoutmob users looking to become better locals and score amazing perks where they live. In the process, we’ve realized that Scoutmob works really well for daily purchases like that midday lunch or cup of coffee… but not as well for activities and events—the things you have to plan ahead of time.
Well, DC citizens, that all changes today with the launch of Hand-Picked: exclusive events and products that have been curated by our local scouts. Here’s what you can expect:
- Limited-time, limited-quantity products and experiences we’ve curated with our favorite local businesses, many of which you won’t be able to find anywhere else. (Just sayin’.)
- Reservations for events and meals will be made by purchasing an RSVP or tickets on our site. Every Hand-Picked will be first come, first serve.
- There will only be new Hand-Picked deals… when we have ‘em. Nothing more, nothing less. So be on the lookout!
- Our focus will be, first and foremost, on creating awesome, you’ll-never-find-them-elsewhere events and packages. Of course, they’ll also be priced for local insiders such as yourself.
We’re extremely excited about our inaugural Hand-Picked offer in DC; it’s a first not only for you, but for the whole city.
It’s an alternative cherry blossom celebration: the Blossom Bake & Brew will combine live music and art installations with cherry-inspired pie and, of course, locally crafted beer. The festival benefits the H Street Main Street business district; and partners include Chocolate City Beer, Dangerously Delicious Pies and Listen Local First.
Tickets go on sale soon; watch your email inbox next week. Remember, quantities are limited, so don’t let this one slip away.
Get curious, stay curious.
It’s never too early to appreciate certain facial hair stylings.
While we work hard to bring you guys the best daily deals every day, a few kind folks at some national news sources have been talking about us. We’re blushing! Here are just a few of the recent highlights.
PSFK from July 16, 2010
Full article HERE
Huffington Post Article from 7/1
Full article HERE
Clark Howard spoke about us again on 8/9
Full article HERE
We’ve got some great news of our own coming really soon so stay tuned and keep scouting!